- Bean, Grain and Vegetable Sides: reheat on the stove top over a low flame until warm, in a 325 degree oven (approximately 3-5 minutes) or enjoy cold or at room temperature.
- Tempeh, Falafel and Tofu Bowls: reheat on the stove top over a low flame until warm or in a 325 degree oven (5 minutes or until warm). Pour the packaged dressing on top of the heated food.
- Tortilla Lasagna, Mac and Cheese, Vegetable Lasagna, Tempeh Reuben or any other tin dish: remove lid and reheat in a 325 degree oven for at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, check every few minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Kale Salad should be eaten cold or at room temperature.
- Freezer-Friendly Meals: Stews, Tin Dishes, Soup and Cacao Balls. Make sure to store all tin dishes in a sealed container before freezing.
- It depends on the dish, but for ideal freshness and taste we recommend eating the food by Saturday…Sunday at the latest.
Beverages: Our almond milk and tonic have a 4-5 day shelf life (we make it on Tuesday). Always keep them refrigerated, and shake before using. Don’t shake the Kombucha! It may be extra bubbly because it may move around in the cooler during delivery, so be careful when opening.
Containers: All of our containers except for the large, clear bowls are recyclable. The large, plastic bowls are compostable (large, clear bowls) but should be placed in the garbage. The city does not accept compostable PLA containers because their sorting facilities are not equipped to differentiate between compostable and regular plastic. Our soup containers are microwave and freezer-friendly. We recommend transferring food to air tight packaging if you want to freeze for later use.
Labels: If you order a Meal Plan, the 6 dishes are labeled 1, 2 and 3 and the mains and sides with the same numbers are meant to be eaten together. The numbers also represent the order in which we suggest the meals be eaten.